Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Manages the warehouse ensuring the receipt, co-ordination and safety of goods coming through a warehouse that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the right destinations and in the right quantities.
- Understanding company policies and ensuring adherence.
- Oversee efficient operations of warehouse and transportation experience.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation requirements: Ensures that Core-Mark, OSHA and DOT standards for warehousing, distribution and employee safety are met.
- Setting and tracking goals for improving accuracy and production.
- Conducting performance evaluations to ensure top performance and quality service to our customers.
- Administering the order picking process, including, being responsible for order pulling and timely loading of delivery trucks, staffing pick lines with required personnel, and confirming out-of stock reporting.
- Overseeing quality control function.
- Ensures effective marshalling and integrity of DC inventory
- Performing other duties as necessary.
- Plan and organize the work and resources required to run the shift and meet dispatch scheduling
- Achieves monthly thru-put goals (pieces shipped per man hour)
- Ensure that all material handling equipment is serviced and in safe operating condition
- Achieve and maintain company standards
- Oversee efficient operations of warehouse and transportation requirements
- Enforcing safety and sanitation requirements: Ensures that OSHA and AIB standards for warehousing, distribution and employee safety are met
- Overseeing quality control functions
- Analyze monthly P&L Reports
- Manage bi-weekly payroll
- Communicate information appropriately and timely
- Assist in the hiring process: Conduct interviews
- Oversee training and scheduling for the night warehouse operation by constant coordination and supervision
- Continually monitor overtime hours to ensure that there is adequate staffing in place to process division's shipments while operating within company standard
- Train, coach, and monitor all employees' progress, to encourage and foster professional growth
- Setting and tracking goals for improving accuracy and productionWORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years college background; Bachelors degree desired or equivalent work experience.
- 2 -3 years lead/first line supervision in a distribution environment
- Working knowledge of the Principles of Food Service, customer service, production, warehouse and transportation
- High level time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Software (Outlook/Excel/Word), WMS/AS400
- Strong communication skills and decision making
- A high level of employee relations to lead, manage, direct , and motivate
- Administrative skills such as organizational ability, detail orientation, and persistent follow through required
- Familiarity with radio frequency with P.I.T. certification preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.