The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Program Support Assistant.
As a Program Support Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the VCS Central Office, Inventory and Logistics Division, maintaining effective relationships with field leadership, employees, vendors, veterans and their families.
Skills & Requirements
- Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for performing research to update monthly, quarterly, and weekly reports.
- Process Charge-backs
- Responds to all retail related inquiries while maintaining a courteous, professional manner.
- Communicate with customers which include staff, management and Veterans, including face to face, written, telephone and electronic communications.
- Uses Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to create a variety of support materials to develop summaries, and vendor updates.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in administrative/customer service work.
- Must be to identify potential problems, solutions, and the skills to analyze a variety of conflicting or incomplete data.
- Must have working administration and support knowledge in order to effectively handle the frequently short deadlines and other normal demands.
- Must have the ability to set work priorities, multi-task, respond to rapidly changing situations, obtain information effectively and work on several projects simultaneously.