The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Supervisory Operations Specialist.
As Supervisory Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for providing leadership support and expertise to the Business Strategy Division VCS Central Office, reporting to the Division Chief of Business Strategy.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
Skills & Requirements
- Provides daily management and oversight of the help desk team members
- The incumbent assigns call tickets to team members, setting priorities and deadlines, and ensures all tickets are resolved according to standards
- The incumbent monitors call tickets and prepares reports with statistical and productivity information
- Incumbent serves as the Supervisory Operations Specialist in support of the VCS Central Office Divisions, Field Operations, Help desk team members, and other VA Program Offices and vendors
- Incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation, and coordination of various field activities, including working with internal and external stakeholder to resolve complex technical or operational challenges
- The incumbent identifies training gaps, and plans and executes training initiatives within the help desk
- The incumbent assist with evaluating and developing VCS operational policies, procedures and training, including testing and implementation of new systems, programs and business operations
One (1) full year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Supervisory Operations Specialist.
SPECIALIZED REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated judgement interpreting and applying guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory process.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, critical thinking, planning and execution of multiple projects.
- Prior experience working for retail or food company.
- Extensive working knowledge of retail operations at the canteen and/or central office level.
- Knowledge of retail field operating procedures, policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Retail strategic program goals and objectives.
- Ability to write comprehensive and concise reports, to articulate issues, thoughts, ideas in a clear and effective manner.
- Knowledge of operating systems, e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, ASR, POMS and/or other operating systems applicable to Field Operations.
- Ability to analyze operating, financial or other data incorporating sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Opportunities for growth
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
For more information about VCS, visit: https://www.vacanteen.va.gov/