The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing project management leadership support and expertise to the Business Strategy Division VCS Central Office, reporting to the Division Chief of Business Strategy.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
Skills & Requirements
- Incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation, and coordination of various field activities, including working with internal and external stakeholder to resolve complex technical or operational challenges
- Manages and leads complex projects (sometimes simultaneously) and teams of diverse personnel to complete project deadlines throughout all project management phases.
- Develops and updates projects plans to include project objectives, documentation, specifications, schedules, funding and staffing.
- Develops, manages and executes the project budget.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes the appropriate actions to direct the analysis and solutions of major problems.
- Supports project management and security processes by completing and submitting required documentation.Works closely with VA project management and/or other offices as required.
- Ensures VA approvals are secured as required throughout the project life-cycle.
- Performs Contracting Officer Representative (COR) duties as required.
- Identify, prevent and manage risks.
- Prepares close out reports upon project completion.
- The position requires up to 25% travel in support of projects and operational analysis, and travel may be required with short notice based on business needs.
One (1) full year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Project Manager.
SPECIALIZED REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated judgement interpreting and applying guidelines
- Must have demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, critical thinking, planning and execution of multiple projects.
- Prior project management experience working for retail or food company.
- Extensive working knowledge of VCS operations at the canteen and/or central office level.
- Knowledge of VCS strategic program goals and objectives.
- Ability to write comprehensive and concise reports, to articulate issues, thoughts, ideas in a clear and effective manner.
- Knowledge of VCS business program principles, concepts, practices and functional areas, general contracting principles and guidelines and general IT principles, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and skills in using methods and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation of risk.
- Knowledge and skills in preparing, justifying and administering the budget for projects, monitoring expenditures to ensure cost-effectiveness and assessing financial conditions.
- Ability to analyze operating, financial or other data incorporating sound conclusions and recommendations.
Project Management certifications and training preferred but not required:
• Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Opportunities for growth
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
For more information about VCS, visit: https://www.vacanteen.va.gov/