Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
In addition to steady hours and competitive pay, our Merchandisers also get:
- Generous medical, dental & vision coverage ($60 to $190 per month depending on plan selected)
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid AD&D and Life Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Permanent full time positions
- A history of promoting from within
- Family like work environment
- A merchandising representative must manage his or her territory and act as a liaison on business activities.
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers.
- Communicating daily with Managers and others on the Core-Mark team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues.
- Merchandising key marketing programs which could include Dairy, Bread and Fresh products.
- Eliminating out-of-stocks and ensuring plan-o-gram compliance
- Capitalizing on secondary display opportunities
- Ensuring that products are properly faced, priced, and identified
- Ensuring promotional displays and POS has been utilized
- Completing appropriate administrative tasks
- Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Submitting time sheets and mileage reports in a timely manner.
- Setting stores with consumer goods using Core-Mark schematics.
- Ensuring all products are displayed in the correct sales location according to store sets.
- Following up with customer needs and concerns in a timely manner, ensuring great customer service.
- Ensuring stock rotation (products are fresh and within date code parameters).
- Timely processing of returns using hand held inventory control devices.
Efficiency of the sell-through
- Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in store.
- Ensuring promotions, displays, and cross-merchandising initiatives.
- Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelf.
- Maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store.
- High energy, motivated persons with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and keep calm in dealing with customer service issues.
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to drive to convenience stores using personal transportation.
- Active valid driver's license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (You will receive mileage and gasoline reimbursement.)
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods, able to kneel to stock shelves, able to reach and lift to stock shelves.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer a hand held inventory control device, and calculators.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math calculations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.