Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Text CORE to 97211 to apply
The purpose of the Day Warehouse Equipment Operator position is to safely and efficiently move and track all inbound, outbound, and stored products within the warehouse. This includes, but is not limited to, offloading, put away, stocking, selecting and replenishment of product to ensure that the warehouse is providing Core-Mark New England customers with superior service and quality.
- Using the appropriate equipments, ensure that safe and efficient movement and tracking of any inbound, outbound, and stored products within the warehouse.
- Maintain movement, accuracy, and efficiency of product.
- Maintain inventory integrity by adhering to system discipline at all times.
- Communicate any pre-trip check issues, safety incidents, and injuries immediately to a member of management.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail with regard to housekeeping by ensuring that proper attention is given to all areas, including, but not limited to, balers, aisles, racking, floors, door pits, and other areas as assigned.
- Perform end of shift tasks, such as, but not limited to, maintaining cardboard, white pallet and chep pallet trailers, charging power equipment and verifying completed work (unresolved pallet tags).
- Ensure that consistent practices are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have equipment operator experience (i.e. Forklift, Reach Lift, Walkie Rider, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent and warehouse experience preferred but not required.
- Computer knowledge with basic familiarity of warehouse database systems.
- Requires one to have excellent attendance and to meet productivity standards to ensure customer orders are prepped for delivery in a timely manner.
- Commitment to quality.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to continuously walk, stand, bend and climb.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively and ability to work reliably from verbal and written instructions.
- Regular and sustained periods of physical exertion requiring ability to lift, carry and position objects weighting up to 50 lbs using proper body mechanics.
- May require the ability to operate and be certified on various pieces of powered industrial trucks.
- Continuous walking, standing, bending, and climbing.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment with exposure to noise and potential extremes in temperature.