Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
The Operations Manager oversees all warehouse operations including receiving, product put away, replenishment, selecting, loading, warehouse cleanliness and safety for the facility. Develops and implements policies/procedures based on business needs or as assigned by the Director of Operations. Works with the day shift manager, night shift manager ensuring successful material movement and proper compliance with all warehouse safety, company and regulatory requirements.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Oversees efficient operation of warehouse functions, including receiving, stocking, picking, packing, equipment maintenance, security and safety.
- Working with the Director of Operations, develops, implements and monitors standard operating procedures for the warehouse.
- Develops, implements and monitors warehouse employee productivity/quality action plans in accordance with the standards developed by the operations group.
- Determines warehouse personnel requirements by evaluating warehouse activates, projected volumes, and product mixes in accordance with productivity standards.
- Ensures Company, OSHA and AIB standards for warehousing and employee safety are met.
- With the Director of Operations and Training Manager, identifies requirements and implements training programs for warehouse employees.
- Takes direction from Director of Operations as to operational issues and communicates to subordinates on a daily basis.
- Review operational flow throughout the shifts. Communicate with shift managers and supervisors to gauge progress and reach completion of all assigned duties by end of shift.
- Works with shift managers to discuss issues that arise such as order shortages etc.
- Respond to emergency response alarm page when serving as Company contact. Secure building according to established company guidelines.
- Attends weekly ARB meetings to review accidents, develop safe practices to reduce workplace injuries.
- Review warehouse performance metrics on an ongoing basis and proactively develops and implements improvement measures.
- Develops a timeline and work schedule for warehouse projects.
- Oversees building security and working with Facility Maintenance Manager with regards to building maintenance and cleanliness.
- Interacts with other company departments on a daily basis.
- Works with sales in regards to new and existing business requirements being met.
- Analyze warehouse capacity requirements to ensure that business needs are met.
- On-call outside of normal business hours.
- Follow up on issues/matters to confirm that all parties are satisfied and no further action is needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree preferred or commensurate level of experience.
- 6 to 8 years of warehouse management experience required.
- Excellent leadership, and organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and inventory database systems.
- Strong ability to positively lead and mentor direct reports.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to positively communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal/external people
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment. May require sustained periods on warehouse floor
- Normal sit/stand/walk required for an office position that oversees distribution.
- Work is performed in an office, with daily exposure to warehouse environment i.e., noise and vibrations due to materials handling equipment and temperature changes.
- Day and night hours to be worked as required
- Responsible for supervising and leading Day Shift and Night Shift Managers and Shift Supervisors.