Golf Galaxy is seeking a specialty Retail Assistant Store Manager to oversee store operations in Sarasota, FL.
A division of DICK'S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy's merchandising strategy offers a comprehensive selection of competitively priced brand name golf equipment, accessories, apparel, golf services, and golf instruction by on-staff certified PGA/LPGA professionals. As a Hardlines Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results in the Hardlines Departments (Equipment, Balls, Bags/Carts/Travel, and accessories). Assistant Store Managers are also responsible for leading customer interaction and associate talent development on a daily basis within their store.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers by ensuring high associate engagement and service levels
- Implement merchandise standards & signage in the Hardlines Departments to meet company standards and to maximize profit
- Assist in training Hardlines associates in company procedures and programs, including new hire and ongoing merchandising and product/technical training
- Work with the General Sales Manager to analyze sales reports and data to understand Hardlines merchandise needs and opportunities; communicate these needs through the company-directed programs
- Responsible for stockroom, freight flow, and all back-of-house processes and procedures including RTV's, transfers, receipt of drop shipments, etc.
- Ensure processing and pricing of the trade-in/used club business
- Drive and sustain sales intensity, operations integrity and profitability within store by setting high expectations and holding staff accountable, and monitoring and measuring progress to achieve positive results
- Develop payroll plans and monitor payroll daily to ensure the plan is met
- Uphold Golf Galaxy standards for merchandise presentation
- Participate or lead the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for hourly and salaried associates
- Partner with General Sales Manager to provide consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
- Partner with General Sales Manager to issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standards
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
- Create a climate within the store in which staff are motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; and creates a feeling of belonging within the team
- As business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary
Manager of People Responsibilities:
Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals
Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations
Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition
Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance
Incorporate your customer's perspective when defining success
At Golf Galaxy, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one golf specialty retailer through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of golf merchandise and services in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment.
- 2+ years retail management experience required; golf sales/service preferred
- Technical skills in club repair & fitting preferred
- Golf participation/enthusiasm preferred
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
Depending on position, candidates seeking employment with Golf Galaxy should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
Golf Galaxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.