H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Seasonal Customer Service Specialist on our Sourcing team. In this role you will provide exceptional customer service primarily through phone, email, and chat communication to inbound callers and customers. This will include receiving and resolving a comprehensive variety of customer requests and inquiries.You will also handle moderately complex internal and external customer inquiries and concerns via phone, email, and chat, and serve as liaison between clients and management, support groups and the business unit. Use of Contact Center software programs and computer systems to resolve and track client issues will be involved, and you willclosely adhere to a call-handling schedule and participate in outbound calling and email projects as needed.
What you'll do
What you'll bring to the role
- Act as a liaison between company and suppliers while maintaining good relations.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems. Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Receives customer requisitions for organizational requirements and reviews for completeness and accuracy; validates requestor's spending authority, assesses priority level and initiates appropriate procurement service delivery.
- Participate in outbound calling and email campaigns as needed
- Communicate via phone, email and chat with internal and external clients requiring assistance or information. Customer inquiries handled are moderately complex.Interpret clients' needs and utilize Contact Center software programs to identify possible resolutions.
- Follow established procedures to handle inquiries and resolve concerns to ensure client satisfaction. Handle client communications within all call handling, quality measurement and Contact Center metrics. May require problem solving when established procedure does not fully address inquiry.
- Use Contact Center software programs and computer systems to accurately document and track client contacts
- Document and communicate to management any recurring or significant problems or issues with any products or services supported as encountered through contacts
- May assist in mentoring and training of other customer service associates
- Observe and report call trends when noted.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or work experience necessary to demonstrate necessary skill level.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 1-year related experience.
- Ability to perform under stress in a fast-paced phone center environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills, especially proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to type at least 45 words per minute
It would be even better if you had
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Experience in customer service or financial services position strongly preferred, preferably in a large phone center
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Various industry licenses