Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As the Reset Merchandiser, you report to the Reset Team Supervisor. You will work in a team and be responsible for proper implementation of plan-o-grams, gondola/category resets and new item placement. You will also be responsible to build promotional/rack displays to achieve our sales goals and our customer's profitability.
As a Reset Merchandiser, you'll drive to customer locations using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
- Read a plan-o-gram/schematic and reset the defined area to reflect the plan-o-gram/schematic.
- Move and build gondolas/displays as per the store schematic.
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers.
- Communicating daily with Managers and others on the Core-Mark team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues.
- Effectively communicate with Managers to receive and report information on reset projects on daily/weekly basis.
- Eliminating out-of-stocks and ensuring plan-o-gram compliance.
- Capitalizing on secondary display opportunities.
- Ensuring that products are properly faced, priced, and identified.
- Ensuring promotional displays and POS has been utilized.
- Comply with Company's work and safety rules.
- Completing given tasks in a timely manner.
- Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Follow instructions and work independently and in a team environment.
- Submitting time sheets and mileage reports in a timely manner.
- Setting stores with consumer goods using Core-Mark schematics.
- Ensuring all products are displayed in the correct sales location according to store sets.
- Following up with customer needs and concerns in a timely manner, ensuring great customer service.
- Ensuring stock rotation (products are fresh and within date code parameters).
- Timely processing of returns using hand held inventory control devices.
Efficiency of the sell-through
- Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in store.
- Ensuring promotions, displays, and cross-merchandising initiatives.
- Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelf.
- Maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store.
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to drive to convenience stores using personal transportation. Travel will be required as needed.
- Active valid driver's license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (You will receive mileage and gasoline reimbursement.)
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods, able to kneel to stock shelves, able to reach and lift to stock shelves.
- Ability to move/build gondolas, shelving and displays.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand held inventory control device, and calculators.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math calculations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Licenses & Certifications