Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, bright and driven sales professional. A vital role that is both a strategic and hands-on collaborator that provides service to our customers in the Grande Prairie, AB to Fort St. John, BC area. The position is critical in executing our sales initiatives, providing great customer support, driving sales excellence and growing market share.
As the Sales Representative, you will report to the Territory Manager. You will work independently and be responsible for aggressively growing sales through presenting our Programs, Food Service, Fresh offerings and innovation. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of product displays in customer stores, rotating product and of course merchandising.
You will drive to customer locations (city and highway driving) using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan.
- Growing sales throughout the assigned territory, selling deeper into existing accounts as well as prospecting new accounts;
- Identifying new sales opportunities within the accounts and executing a strategic plan to close the sale;
- Sustain comprehensive knowledge of products, features, and benefits;
- Educating customers on trends and opportunities;
- Client complaint resolution and escalating to Territory Manager, as required;
- Accurately report in-store results through the computer tools and processes provided;
- Understand and execute merchandising activities for each client site;
- Active participation and involvement with quarterly sales meetings;
- Merchandising products and follow rotation requirements;
- Organize displays and perform set up and maintenance of products in retail stores;
- Display and arrange products according to plan-o-gram;
- Stocking merchandise on shelves and ensure movement of products from stock room to sales floor;
- Ensuring displays are organized and visually appealing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Proven retail merchandising and sales experience;
- Outside sales experience is considered a major asset;
- Importantly, from a culture perspective, this person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a problem solver;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible;
- A willingness and openness to taking on new challenges and tasks;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs frequently;
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation with availability and willingness to frequently travel throughout designated sales territory; some infrequent overnight travel may be required.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.