Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As a Territory Manager your goal is to grow Sales within your assigned region. As a critical member of the sales team, you will generate new sales revenue through cold calling and networking, while partnering with your Core-Mark Sales Team including Merchandisers and Sales Development Reps.
- Identify, research, evaluate and prioritize market leads and opportunities to reach potential customers outside of current Company revenue stream.
- Support Core-Mark sales team as a technical consultant for high-stakes customer projects.
- Stay current on Core-Mark products, technology, marketplace, and their practical applications, as well as competitive products.
- Understand product fit for customer needs and overcome competitive sales objections while positioning product against competition.
- Ability to articulate and deliver prepared sales messaging for Core-Mark products/solutions to move potential customers through the transitional process ultimately leading to customer onboarding.
- Provide closed loop leads reporting back to Sales and Marketing management.
- Partner effectively with supported sales teams to schedule calls with prospective customers and ensure timely and effective handoffs.
- Generate new sales revenue through cold calling and networking.
- Develop deep and qualified sales pipeline.
- Meet weekly with managers and employees to determine new business opportunities and to maintain existing relationships.
- Establish ongoing relationships with external sales channels.
- Become familiar with all Sales and Marketing collateral that may be appropriate to a prospect or proposal.
- Evaluate projects through financial feasibility studies, market research, and planning.
- Initiate proposals, negotiations, and presentations.
- Track and organize, electronically, new and existing client information including contact information, meetings, contract changes, concerns, and new consulting requests.
- Communicate results and negotiation status with direct supervisor, provide weekly written status reports.
- Be accountable for defined Sales Metrics on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Integrate with the team and be a part of their overall culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Verifiable track record of sustainable business development performance in the form of previous achievements and new business wins.
- Willingness and ability to take accountability and ownership of your work product.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in relevant professional field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced sales professional with comprehensive technical knowledge.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining new business.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, along with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Detail oriented, professional, ambitious, well-organized, and good time management skills.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, self-starter who can work alone and in a collaborative manner to achieve goals.
- Road Warrior
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
2-3 years:Sales Development
Licenses & Certifications