Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 43,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 32 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
$15.7 Billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 257 on Fortune's 500 list of America's largest companies. Our Corporate Culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you'll enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
The main focus of the Operations Manager will be to effectively manage the activities of the Distribution Center Operations department to achieve the financial plan. In this role, you can expect to be given challenging assignments throughout the company and take on some of the most complex problems. We'll devote coaching, training, and additional resources to ensure your growth and success. It is expected that this experienced leader will be developed and placed into an Operations Director/Manager position within a division within 6 months or less.
- Oversees efficient operations of warehouse and transportation functions, including receiving, stocking, picking, packing, delivery, equipment maintenance, security, and safety.
- With the Directors of Warehouse and Transportation, develops, implements and monitors standard operating procedure for warehousing and transportation.
- Develops, implements, and monitors warehouse and transportation employee productivity/quality action plans in accordance with the standards developed by the operations group.
- Determines warehousing and transportation personnel and equipment requirements by evaluating warehouse activities, projected volumes, and product mixes in accordance with productivity standards.
- Ensures company, OSHA, and DOT standards for warehousing, distribution, and employee safety are met.
- Implements policies and procedures for warehouse and transportation security.
- Ensures effective marshaling and integrity of DC inventory. Implements procedures for handling customer returns, vendor returns, and obsolete inventory. Performs periodic physical inventory counts. Performs cycle counts and investigates redlines to keep perpetual inventory system accurate.
- With the operations group, identifies requirements and implements training programs for the DC warehouse and transportation employees.
- Responsible for selection and hiring of direct reports and associates for warehouse and transportation positions. Directs their activities, evaluates their performance, and approves their merit pay increases.
- Meets regularly with Division President to discuss planned versus actual profitability, capital expenditures, employee productivity, and other relevant issues.
- Supports Risk Management in investigating and monitoring accidents to identify root cause and take corrective actions. Works with Human Resources group to develop division training and incentive programs to improve transportation and safety.
- Ensure effective cooperation and communications with other departments.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent plus 5-7 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Distribution and Direct Store Delivery experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, forecasts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be willing to relocate.
Licenses & Certifications