Entrepreneurs Wanted We are looking for leaders!
We're Costello's Ace Hardware, one of Long Island's favorite retailers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base throughout Long Island, Brooklyn, Staten Island, New Jersey and Maryland. Whether it's in customer service or our vast breath of product and service selection, we owe our success to the legendary customer service of our top-notch team offers day in and day out to their customers, who we refer to as our neighbors.
Our store teams are the face of the Costello's Ace Hardware shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company's core values of integrity, attitude, teamwork, community, & people.
Potential On Target Earnings: $70,000-$100,000 (*includes base salary & bonus potential)
We believe in sharing the success of our company with the people that drive our success.
Managing Partners control the day-to-day operations of their store, including but not limited to the direction of store operations, finances, hiring, budgeting, supply place, and generating new business. Our Managing Partners are ultimately responsible for achieving bottom line profit quota goals.
- Store financials results and hitting quotas on all KPI's.
- Drive Sales in all sales channels including but not limited to DIY, Business-to-business, acehardware.com, non-retail income, services, and other key categories.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team's staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team's staff positions.
- Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
- Takes inventory counts according to guidelines and assists management with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
- Ensures proper store signage is always maintained.
- Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team's staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure they are staying involved in their Community by joining local Chambers of Commerce and participating in local fairs, charities, and other community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work in a team, as well as independently
- Sense of urgency and follow through are essential
- Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
Costello's offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Profit Sharing plan up to 100% of base salary, when company and store goals are achieved.
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Flexible Spending Account FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Generous Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount programs.
Apply Online Below