To work towards the common goals of the department with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Maintain attention to detail. Adherence to policies and procedures set forth by Core-Mark management will be observed at all times. Receive, store and distribute products within the warehouse by performing essential responsibilities listed below.
Mainstream Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Shift Hours: Sunday - Thursday | Sunday start time 10:00 am - Monday - Thursday start time 5:00 am.
- Receive all inbound merchandise and locates to proper pick location.
- Restock order pick lines and flow lines to prepare warehouse for order selection.
- Ensure placement of product in sufficient quantities to accommodate routine and/ or special demands.
- Perform routine cycle counts or other physical counts prompted by variance between on hand and continuous records.
- Retrieve product in accordance with printed customer orders.
- Pull orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list and ensure usage of product with oldest date first; rotates goods.
- Consolidate merchandise into picking containers as necessary.
- Clearly mark cartons or totes with truck run and stop number.
- Maintain inventory location records.
- Restock order selection zones as necessary during conduct of picking operations.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Maintain clean, orderly workstation-returns supplies, merchandise to assigned locations and cleans work area at end of production shift.
- Perform other duties as required
Health & Safety
- Comply with H&S policies and procedures
- Report hazards (unsafe conditions/acts) to H&S Advisor, Manager and/or Human Resources
- Refer all safety matters to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
- All employees have a right to participate in H&S matters, this may include assisting in Safety Committee Meetings, Facility Self Inspections, Accident Investigations and Job Safety Analysis
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
- Comply with any requests for information with reference to WCB issues
- Comply with any offers of modified duties
- One to three months of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a production shift environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1-3 months of related experience as listed above.
- Minimum 5 yrs. on the job Warehouse Operations experience
- Certified for fork lift operation
- Discrete (confidentiality)
- Self Motivated
- Team Orientated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Ability
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Time & Goal Management
- Stress Management
- Customer Relations (internal and external)
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach goals
- Comfortable learning internal computer systems