A new store is opening soon near you! (Dublin, OH!!) We are now accepting applications for the new store set up. Those hired will be considered for permanent positions once the store is open.
3/18-3/22 - 9am-4pm
Ollie's Bargain Outlet
(Columbus Square Location)
5727 Emporium Square
Columbus, OH 43231
Ollie's Bargain Outlet is one of America's largest retailers of closeouts, excess inventory and salvage merchandise.
Not only do we value our customers, but we understand that our associates are our most valuable resource; our people are the key to our success. We pride ourselves in a 50% target internal rate-of-promotion. We invest in our associates for the growth of their future and ours. Ollie's does this through our OLI (Ollie's Leadership Institute) program, which is designed to train and develop associates for their next internal move within the company. Last, but not least, each employee that works with us receives an employee discount at all of our Ollie's Bargain Outlet locations.
The Sales Associate assists customers and helps to maintain the store appearance. The Sales Associate is responsible for all aspects of customer service, merchandising, and store maintenance.
- Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the store and as they approach the front end.
- Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
- Be knowledgeable of all promotions and advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered and to assist with selling product; support Ollie's Army and other donation programs throughout the year.
- Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
- Assist with receiving the truck, pricing items, merchandising product, and recovering the store.
- Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months' retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business is helpful.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
We'll review your information and if you have a suitable job that matches your preferred position and work schedule, we'll reach out to arrange a time to speak.
Note you will still need to submit an expression of interest by Applying Online Below
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.