The GIS and Demographics Intern will provide support to the GIS/Demographics Coordinator with GIS projects, reports, research, and data development. Assist with updating and maintenance of GIS data, maps, mapping tools, templates, and software. Create high quality maps and cartographic products for presentations, reports, and field offices. In addition, this person may support the use of GIS for potential O'Reilly store market areas using GIS software and predictive modeling technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Research and data mining of Competition and Co-retailers locations and update the existing GIS databases for each (Editing Geospatial Data layers and tables).
- Assist in the development of high quality Cartographic products (Produce maps and graphics from GIS based software).
- Assist with analysis and research on new and existing O'Reilly markets (Knowledge of Census data, social economic data, traffic patterns, traffic counts within GIS software).
- Learn about methods, data, and standards used in by the GIS/Demographics Team and apply to new situations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a college or university with GIS or Cartographic Science related major, or recently graduated from a college or university with a major in GIS, Cartographic Science related major.
- Proficient with ArcGIS 10.3 or higher software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Attention to detail.
- General understanding of GIS data standards, editing, and updating of databases.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Online desired.
- Knowledge of ArcPy or Python Programming desired.