Pittsburgh has transformed itself into one of the best made over towns , evolving from steel to science, and was recently declared the #1 Most Livable City for the second time in the last three years! With a national average of 40% lower cost of living, Pittsburgh is also the 6th city in the U.S. for job growth. According to Business Week, Pittsburgh was the second best place to raise kids in 2008 and number #1 for relocating families in 2009. Pittsburgh is now considered to be an economic hot spot for the life sciences and biotechnology industry with about 3,200 high-tech companies. In addition, 36 colleges and universities surround the Pittsburgh area. With its low crime rate, arts and leisure, and legendary sports teams, Pittsburgh appeals to audiences of all ages. The Southside, Market Square, Station Square, Strip District, and Cultural District offer unique experiences for spending an entertaining evening with family or friends.
For additional information please visit: http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/
DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. For more information on Dick's Sporting Goods please visit our Investor Relations page.
In collaboration with the A/R Managers, Merchandise Planners and Buyers, facilitate and implement Allocation and/or Replenishment strategies for the mid-level businesses that they support. These strategies will determine how to most effectively utilize our inventory to support the merchandise plan, advertising, regional, and competitive initiatives. Build new store plans and ensure that new stores open with the correct assortments and appropriate inventory levels.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Allocate bulk purchase orders using the Allocations system. Place replenishment purchase orders.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by store location to support sales, margin and turn goals.
- Partner with the AR Manager and Buyers to identify opportunities and action plans for merchandise allocation and replenishment buy strategies.
- OVERALL ANALYSIS
- Analyze and communicate product, size, color and regional inventory needs.
- Partner with Buyers and Size Profiling team to review size, color, and seasonal profiles down to store level to ensure appropriate buys and allocations.
- Work with vendors to improve order fill rates, raise issues on lead time, and provide projected inventory need for future months' orders.
- Recommend and execute inventory re-balancing opportunities, as necessary.
- Research and respond to store merchandise needs and wants.
- Participate in Regional and Store specific conference calls to identify and action store needs and opportunities.
- Review regular instock reporting for key and advertised items. Determine actions to correct instock issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize knowledge of customer needs/wants to make decisions regarding system settings, processes, and procedures to maximize the experience of internal and external customers, both in-store and through our omni-channel operations.
- Facilitate meetings with Buyers and Merchandise Planners on item flow based on ladder plans, replenishment forecasts, OTB, and advertising schedule. Determine next steps from these outcomes.
- Partner with AR Manager/Inventory Planner to manage and oversee cluster creation for areas of responsibility.
For new and existing stores -
- Collaborate with Merchants to create merchandise financial and assorment plans for new stores. Monitor new store performance after opening to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained.
- Create ad-hoc analysis to react to current and future business trends and present findings to AR Manager/Inventory Planner, Buyers and Merchandise Planners.
- Train and mentor Interns and Merchandise Trainees.
- Manage and oversee item eligibility through the Item Eligibility (ITEL) application for areas of responsibility. Ensure proper assortment within allocation systems and instock reporting based on climate, regionality, seasonality, etc.
- 3 - 5 years
- 2+ years experience in merchandise allocations and/or planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced level Excel skills (Vlookups, pivot tables, advanced formula calculations)
- JDA Allocations and/or E3 experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong Interpersonal and client consultation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Execution skills
- Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In depth analytical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Process & procedure oriented
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong communications skills
- Training experience required