Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are training in and following company safety policies and procedures. Enforces safety and sanitation requirements. Ensures that Core-Mark, OSHA and AIB standards for warehousing, distribution and employee safety are met.
- Core Values champion. Responsible for department on night shift, leading staff to reach peak operational effectiveness and Core Values standards. Serves as mentor/coach to employees preparing them for future advancement.
- Supervises efficient operations of the warehouse, providing daily detailed reports to warehouse management. Makes adjustments during the shift to ensure optimum efficiency of staff and equipment while controlling overtime.
- Ensures all merchandise and shipping containers are restocked for the oncoming night shift order selection staff.
- Ensures that all material handling equipment is serviced and in operating condition.
- Verifies and reconciles perpetual inventory records against on-hand accounts and ensures effective marshalling and integrity of DC inventory. Implements corporate procedures for handling customer returns, vendor returns, and obsolete inventory. Performs cycle counts and investigates "red-lines" and out of stock causes and corrective action plans to keep the perpetual inventory system accurate.
- Administering the order picking process, including being responsible for order pulling and timely loading of delivery trucks.
- Understands company policies and ensures adherence.
- Tracks goals for improving accuracy and production.
- Communicates performance requirements and corresponding results on those requirements in a motivational fashion.
- Provides required and informational training to employees in accordance with company policy and OSHA/AIB standards.
- High School graduate with two years higher education or equivalent required.
- Four year degree in logistics or warehousing preferred.
- Production management experience with working knowledge of distribution center/warehouse activities over hourly employees.
- Two to four years supervisory experience, preferably in a warehouse environment, as leader and coach facilitating change and lean principles;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel and AS400.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency.
- Experience with AIB quality audit process desired.
- Able to work day or night shifts of 8-12 hours, or longer depending on customer service needs.
- Able to work Sunday through Friday, including working holidays, some Saturdays may be required dependent on customer needs.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing technical information and guidance to employees, in this or other departments.
- Able to operate hand held inventory control devices, computerized equipment, fork lift, lift jack, and pallet jack.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds regularly, up to 25 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Able to climb stairs to reach mezzanine production areas, able to stand walk most of shift on concrete floors.
- Able to prioritize workload with ever changing deadlines and urgency levels. Able to speak in front of large groups of people and make presentations.
Licenses & Certifications