Core-Mark International is looking for an exceptionally talented, bright and driven sales professional. A vital role that is both a strategic and hands-on collaborator that provides service to our customers in Calgary. The position is critical in executing our sales initiatives, providing great customer support, driving sales excellence and growing market share.
As the Sales Representative, you will report to the Territory Manager. You will work independently and be responsible for aggressively growing sales through presenting our Programs, Food Service, Fresh offerings and innovation. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of product displays in customer stores, rotating product and of course merchandising.
You will drive to customer locations (city and highway driving) using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Growing sales throughout the assigned territory, selling deeper into existing accounts as well as prospecting new accounts
- Identifying new sales opportunities within the accounts and executing a strategic plan to close the sale.
- Sustain comprehensive knowledge of products, features, and benefits
- Educating customers on trends and opportunities
- Client complaint resolution and escalating to Territory Manager when necessary
- Accurately report in-store results through the computer tools and processes provided
- Understand and execute merchandising activities for each client site
- Active participation and involvement with quarterly sales meetings
- Merchandising products and follow rotation requirements
- Organize displays and perform set up and maintenance of products in retail stores
- Display and arrange products according to Plan-o-gram
- Stocking merchandise on shelves and ensure movement of products from stock room to sales floor
- Ensuring displays are organized and visually appealing
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs frequently.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Proven retail merchandising and sales experience
- Outside sales experience a major asset
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs frequently
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation with availability and willingness to frequently travel throughout designated sales territory; some infrequent overnight travel may be required
- Importantly, from a culture perspective, this person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated
- Interpersonal savvy with the ability to build and maintain strong client/customer relationships
- Ability to project a clean and professional image at all times
- Commitment to thorough and consistent communication and follow up with internal and external customers and/or stakeholders alike
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly dependable and organized to meet deadlines and time constraints to continuously surpass targets
Skills & Abilities:
- Business acumen;
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills;
- Problem solver;
- Adaptable / Flexible;
- A willingness and openness to taking on new challenges and tasks;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Core-Mark International Provides a competitive compensation package.