Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
he Director provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to a group of division leaders, responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordination, standardizing, and administrating all warehouse activities in an assigned area including managing orders, and fulfilling sales and gross margin goals. This position will be the force behind warehouse operational results across the warehouse and transportation in key areas of financials, productivity leverage, safety, security, and growth objectives established by the Company. Develops strategic and tactical plans, directs, and oversees warehouse systems in accordance to overall Supply Chain strategic vision. Coordinates and controls warehouse operations across the company's network of facilities. Reviews, develops, and implements operating methods, procedures and practices to assure maximum efficiency and receipt of storage and shipment of all merchandise.
- Maximize operational efficiency using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and division measures.
- Ensure Division satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external key performance indicators. Including but not limited to site visits and business review auditors, outside inspection agencies to include but not limited to; DOT, OSHA, AIB, etc.
- Drive strategic execution alignment across operational imperatives of Safety, Quality Service, Financial, Capabilities, and Core-Values.
- Lead safety and security standardization, execution, compliance and site-level accountability to all programs, policy, and procedure to ensure safe and secure workplace for our employee's and assets.
- Oversees and responsible for Division warehouse operations, activities and budget performance within the division to achieve metrics and annual plans.
- Reviews, recommends, develops and implements changes in distribution warehouse operation and talent processes following Lean methodologies.
- Works closely with Corporate Operations and Division leadership in the development and oversight of Division warehouse operating and facilitate business case development for capital projects and related budgets.
- Evaluates warehouse operations, performance, results and creates strategies highlighting corrective measures.
- Oversees uniform application and enforcement of approved and standardization of warehouse operating policies, procedures, practices and methods including security and safety.
- Oversees warehouse space and equipment utilization, facility layout, capacity and staff planning within facility network supporting rapid fulfillment to stores and end customer shipments.
- Oversees application of the policies and procedures in compliance with Company and government regulatory rules and policies.
- Recommends warehouse training programs, and confers on their development and execution.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Operations, Division President and regional SVP and division leadership in strategic talent management execution and bench strength development. Ensures goals are cascaded through all levels of the network inclusive of multiple facilities.
- Champions and is accountable for enhancing the appreciation of diversity of employees and thoughts in the achievement of Core-Mark objectives and service delivery to its customers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Builds an organizational culture of high performance standards and accountability. Live the Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics or a High School Diploma and at least 13 years of experience in food distribution, warehousing, or logistics environment.
- At least 7 years of experience with food service, direct store delivery, distribution warehouse operation product flow.
- At least 7 years of experience analyzing data using statistical methods.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Proficient and experienced with MS Office applications.
- At least 7 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 10 years of experience managing employees (coaching, mentoring and training staff).
- Experience in complex, decentralized organizational structure, high volume convenience, broadline or direct store delivery supply chain industry.
- Experience with AS400 WMS platform or similar.
- Group facilitation experience with performance improvement teams.
- At least 10 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 2 years of Lean experience in a warehousing, manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Experience in manageing multiple site operations.
Licenses & Certifications