Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
You are required to meet specific goals for Sales and Profit assigned for your territory and individual accounts. This includes the implementation and execution of specific Growth Strategies, Marketing Programs, Strategic Initiatives, and Company Standards. Working in tandem with the Territory Manager, you are also required to help grow market share, through new account solicitation. This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted, requiring a broad skill set of sales, merchandising, order replenishment, marketing, problem solving, time management, and customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer to in online ordering systems.
- Merchandising according to established plan-o-grams and checking previously sold products for code dates.
- Grow sales through increasing sales to existing customer base or new accounts as required.
- Support Territory Managers sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support to Territory Manager and Manufacture Vendors to promote Programs available through Core-Mark such as SmartStock, Smart Sets, VCI, marketing programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Health & Safety
- Comply with H&S policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer Service experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail/merchandising experience
- Experience working with a diverse group
- High school graduate or beyond
- Basic to intermediate abilities with MS Office Applications
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems
- Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and finger to handle objects, tolls, or controls; reach with hand and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The employee must regularly lift a/o move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift a/o move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift a/o move up to 60 lbs.
Licenses & Certifications