|31E Internment/Resettlement Specialist
Washington, DC (USA)
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Company:||Army National Guard||Contact:|
|Job Type:||Part Time||Fax:|
It takes highly organized individuals to ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly in any environment. As an Internment/Resettlement Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will utilize your organizational skills to make this happen in military confinement, correctional, detention, or internment facilities.
• Supervision of confinement and detention operations
• External security of facilities
• Providing counseling/guidance to individual prisoners within a rehabilitative program
• Maintaining records of prisoners/internees and their programs
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Military laws and jurisdictions
• Self-defense and use of firearms
• Interpersonal communications skills
• Search/restraint and custody/control procedures
• Interest in law enforcement
• Physically and mentally fit
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to remain calm under heavy duress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with federal, state, and local law enforcement.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Internment/Resettlement Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part of the time in the field.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.