Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As the Sales Development Representative, you report to the Territory Manager. You'll be responsible for servicing, developing and maintaining existing accounts; while also, identifying, developing and managing new accounts/new business in your territory's convenience retail industry.
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer with online ordering.
- Provide retailers with Category Management information regarding high potential new items, emerging trends and merchandising methods designed and intended to grow retailer sales and profits sustainably.
- Prospect and grow new sales through establishing new accounts and increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Support Territory Managers sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support to Territory Manager and suppliers to promote Programs available through Core-Mark, such as Food Service equipment installs, Marketing Programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Comfortable reviewing and analyzing various basic sales and profit reports designed to convey progress made in achieving sales results and gross margin growth.
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities for incremental program placement and related sales opportunities.
- Comfortable adapting to new handheld and application based technology for processing and transmitting orders.
- Solicit information from assigned potential new accounts to determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery, and VCI/Fresh expectations.
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned accounts.
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive information, and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price books.
- Utilize company data base to develop leads for the Territory Manager.
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers to grow sales and profits.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and purchase requirements.
- Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives. Ensures all monthly Smart Stock thresholds are achieved and that necessary / required items are carried.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including all Safety protocols.
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Licenses & Certifications