Love's was founded on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and
perseverance. Tom Love displayed all of these as he built Love's from the ground up – from one small
filling station in western Oklahoma in 1964 to more than 300 Love's locations coast to coast. These
core values are the keys to our success. But Tom didn't do it by himself. He surrounded himself with
visionary team members who embodied the same set of values. Today, we are looking for these in every
person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love's, your commitment to integrity, customer focus,
strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will
also ensure your successful career with one of America's top-ranked private companies according to
Forbes. Do you have what it takes?
Group Health Plan
Flexible Spending Account
Life Insurance and AD&D
50% Meal Discount
|Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Hotel Night Auditor
Chanute, KS (USA)
this Job to a Friend
||Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores, Inc.
||High School / GED
||6 months - 2 years
Req ID: 118383
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Night Auditors' are key in ensuring a profitable and well operated business. The Night Auditor will conduct all nightly audit-related duties while maintaining and promoting excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone.
JOB SUMMARY: Audit responsibilities include nightly balancing duties, daily paperwork, and shift reports. While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, reservations, and attending to guest questions and needs.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Input and retrieve information from the computer including but not limited to: confirmation of guest information, room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, and invoicing and billing of room rates and additional charges, processing debit and credit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, and processing gift certificates and cards.
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms are serviced are correctly accounted and ready for next guest to check-in.
- Operate a cash register and maintain an accurate and organized drawer.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, as needed.
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests, as needed.
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services.
- Perform nightly backup of server.
- Perform express checkout folios.
- Perform room key inventory.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to the Front Desk Supervisor, the General Manager, and desk staff.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior customer service, cash handling, and office accounting or auditing experience preferred
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love's.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within an office environment working directly with the public face-to-face and over the phone. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
EEO STATEMENT: Love's Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.