DICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking a Big Box Retail Store Manager to oversee store operations in Orland Park, IL.
You will be responsible for driving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results. Store Managers are also responsible for leading customer interaction and associate talent development on a daily basis within their store.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Drive sales and profitability through customer satisfaction and report analysis
- Effectively schedule for the store, develop payroll plans, and monitor payroll daily to ensure the plan is met
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the store
- Uphold DICK'S Sporting Goods standards for merchandise presentation
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, and hiring across the store
- Lead consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
- Issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standard
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
- Ensure completion of training requirements are met across the store
Manager of People Responsibilities:
- Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals
- Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition
- Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance
- Incorporate your customer's perspective when defining success
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
- 3 years Retail Store Manager experience (Big Box preferred) or 5 years of related management experience required
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
- Annual Equity Grant Eligibility
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.