The Store Equipment Technical Assistant serves as the store use equipment contact, assisting stores with repair and/or replacement of test and service equipment.They administer the Toll and RAPIDGate programs for store vehicle fleet, as well as provide backup for other team member tasks within the department including store operational signage, store hours processing, vehicle radios, and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the primary contact for in store use equipment providing repair & replacement assistance, and sourcing to stores.
- Maintain equipment repair/replacement history by keeping accurate records of store equipment requests.
- Follow up on all open orders to ensure needs are met while minimizing expenses related to equipment.
- Using vendor supplied records, work with stores and distribution centers to ensure defective equipment is returned for refurbish/reuse.
- Monitor distribution center inventory of equipment and parts, and avoid supply issues by notifying buyers/management of possible inventory deficiencies.
- Maintain repair records on all returned testers from distribution center to vendor.
- Administer toll way program for the store delivery vehicles and RAPIDGate program for military installations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Computer knowledge, including but not limited to MS Word and Excel.
- Skilled in operating standard office equipment.
- 2 years O'Reilly store experience desired.