The Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Transportation Assistant. The position will support the Central office, Finance Division. The incumbent will assist the VCS traveling employees with travel arrangements and transactions.
- Incumbent independently performs functions as a Transportation Assistant responsible for providing and coordinating travel arrangements for VCS travelers and special guests.
- Coordination may involve individual or group travel arrangements, researching and selecting the most economic mode of transportation.
- The incumbent must be able to manage a multitude of priorities effecting timely and accurate travel transactions for senior leadership.
- Incumbent prepares various reports and documents necessary to account for approved travel and expenses.
- The incumbent communicates with internal employees, VA head quarters personnel, and members of the public
- Provides clarity and information related to travel inquiries, i.e., entitlements, completion of travel vouchers, travel order requests, adjustment to itineraries, etc.
- Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
- Opportunities for growth
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
For more information about VCS, visit: https://www.vacanteen.va.gov/
Skills & Requirements
Up to one (1) full year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Transportation Assistant.
- Performing a variety of planning task.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in the accomplishment of a wide variety of responsibilities; requiring the ability to multi-task, and to set priorities, re-prioritize often and attention to details.
- Ability to research and interpret various policies, procedures, travel regulations, etc., and follow written guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate travel arrangements involving various types of modes of transportation.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with persons at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Concur or DTS experience is a plus.