An Internship Application Development Supervisor leads a group of Information Technology (IT) interns, mentoring and managing them as they are in their training period. They are responsible for educating the interns in the fundamentals of the technology used in software development at O'Reilly.
Essential Job Functions
- Help maintain and update the curriculum for the software developer internship.
- Manage interns during the internship training program.
- Provides feedback and guidance to interns.
- Ensures team member compliance with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Data Integrity, Software Development Methodology, and Project Tracking.
- Foster a cooperative and engaging work environment, focusing on teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Assist with technical review process for software developer candidates.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding.
- Ability to motivate and set people up to succeed.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6 + years of software development experience in an area applicable to O'Reilly or equivalent experience in teaching information systems or computer science related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages related to their position and technology base.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- A bachelors of science in an information systems or computer science related field.
- Advanced experience with department technology stack.
- Education in project management and leadership.