Desktop Support Administrators are technical team members that own one or more business systems and work with software licensing and deployment. They have broad-ranging authority over those systems and are responsible for high level problem resolution and prevention. They work extensively with the help desk team members and management to improve the environment and our customers' experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support for Level 1 & 2 Techs for problem resolution.
- Owns projects and leads small groups.
- Identify trends and propose solutions to prevent issues.
- Review/report metrics for department operations related to area of responsibility.
- Create Policy and Procedure.
- Create documentation and departmental knowledge based articles.
- Ensure departmental standards and guidelines are followed.
- Test new software and hardware solutions.
- Complete requests submitted via O'Reilly Team Member Access System (TMAS).
- Manage and modify Business Process.
- Create, test, and implement configuration changes.
- Lead team projects.
- Software Procurement.
- Change Management Review.
- Some travel may be required.
- 5-7 years of experience in IT support.
- Experience in large corporate environments.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple complex projects.
- Experience with Asset Management Systems (SCCM, Altiris, Landesk, BMC, etc.), specifically with software applications and deployment.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Configuration and Management Experience with Windows based operating systems.
- Analyst level experience in an enterprise support environment.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ Certification.
- Associates degree or better in Networking or CIS.
- General understanding of test design and testing methodologies.