As a representative of H&R Block, you are responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns, introducing clients to and offering other H&R Block financial products and services with the goal of helping clients achieve their financial objectives.
- JOB SUMMARY –
This job title includes the Certification Level/ Titles referenced in the H&R Block Tax Professional Certification Program.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Conduct tax interviews and research tax questions for the purpose of preparing complete and accurate tax returns. Review completed tax forms for accuracy and compliance with the District Manager’s instructions. Refer more complex returns to a more experienced Tax Professional in accordance with the District Manager’s instructions.
- Provide tax information to clients as it relates to tax preparation and refer any unresolved client concerns in accordance with the District Manager’s instructions.
- Finalize tax returns so client can either request electronic filing or make arrangements to pick up completed return at the tax office.
- Communicate the fee for products and services in accordance with established company schedule of charges. Collect necessary fees and submit fees and related documentation in accordance with the District Manager’s instructions.
- Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand.
- Provide any additional research or follow-up necessary to change or update returns and contact client of the required changes.
- Promote and provide additional or alternative tax and financial products, which the company may make available.
- Take initiative to seek new clients by asking current clients for referrals and actively develop and execute client acquisition plans.
- Remain current with company policies and procedures related to tax preparation and offering other financial products. Read other business publications, as recommended by the District Manager’s instructions.
- Prepare any additional administrative forms as required by H&R Block.
- Attend training required for the position.
- Assist in maintaining proper office appearance and cleanliness. Ensure that workstation is neat and clean at all times.
- May perform duties of other office support positions. As necessary, assist in opening the office and participate in the end of day processes related to accounting, office appearance, and office closing.
- Assist less experienced associates in the preparation of more complex tax returns.
- Other duties, as assigned
Number of employees supervised: Direct___0__ Indirect___0__ Seasonal _0__
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $ N/A
Annual Sales Volume $ N/A
Approval authority limit ($) and type: $ N/A
- WORK ENVIRONMENT –
Normal Office Environment
- Special Physical Requirements –
These skills are typically acquired through the successful completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course or equivalent and passing the examination with a grade of 80 % or better. Associates must participate in the 15-hour continuing education requirement in order to be considered for rehire.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and effectively communicate in person.
-Previous experience in a customer service environment is helpful.
Knowledge of a Windows-based computer system is helpful.
- Special Requirements Specific to Job –
Additional state and local requirements may apply.
Completed by: _________________________________________ Date: ___________
Compensation Review By: _____________________________
|THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.|