Love's was founded on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and
perseverance. Tom Love displayed all of these as he built Love's from the ground up – from one small
filling station in western Oklahoma in 1964 to more than 300 Love's locations coast to coast. These
core values are the keys to our success. But Tom didn't do it by himself. He surrounded himself with
visionary team members who embodied the same set of values. Today, we are looking for these in every
person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love's, your commitment to integrity, customer focus,
strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will
also ensure your successful career with one of America's top-ranked private companies according to
Forbes. Do you have what it takes?
Group Health Plan
Flexible Spending Account
Life Insurance and AD&D
50% Meal Discount
|SAP HANA Modeler/ Developer
Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
this Job to a Friend
||Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores, Inc.
||4 year degree
||6 months - 2 years
Req ID: 69441
As an SAP HANA Modeler/Developer for Loves, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of HANA data models to support the long-term analytics strategy. Working under the BI Lead, the candidate will be a self-starter who will lead the implementation of consolidated reporting requirements from multiple data sources. The resource will provide guidance on best practices and provide knowledge transfer to other team members for ongoing support. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams within the organization including: Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Integration (PI), Infrastructure, ABAP Development, BASIS, and Project Managers. Strong communications skills are required.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and development items and clearly communicate status and potential issues.
- Continuously improve own skill sets including but not limited to technology, business knowledge, project management and communication
- Be an innovator by keeping up with new technologies, products, and development practices
- Manage tasks and development items through the SDLC
- Strong teamwork and problem solving abilities
- Collaborate with team members and business/data analysts to resolve issues and provide root cause analysis for defects.
- Work effectively with offshore resources
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Experience:
- Strong BI and Analytics background
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and database concepts
- 3+ years hands-on experience with HANA modeling, using Attribute View, Analytic View, Calculation View, and SQL Scripting
- 3+ years hands-on experience with SLT data replication, BODS, or similar technologies to load HANA tables
- 1+ years hands-on experience with Smart Data Access (Data Virtualization)
- Experience developing with SAP BW on HANA, including extractors
- Experience with tiered storage concepts and solutions
- Expertise in HANA view optimization and performance techniques
- Expertise in joining multiple data sources virtually in HANA
- Implementation and full HANA software development life-cycle experience
- BW 7.4+, BI 4.1+, HANA SP09+
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with database development using Big Data technology, such as Hadoop
- Experience with ABAP development a plus
- Experience with POS Data Management a plus
- Experience with other database platforms such as SQL Server
- Experience with LSA++ modeling in BW 7.4+
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree required
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to manage numerous competing demands, including new development and production support, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think big and offer solutions that go beyond written requirements
- Ability to develop detailed technical design documents based on requirements
- Extensive experience in traditional and emerging Data Warehousing and Modeling concepts
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.