THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN
Become an international tax specialist while working with U.S. taxpayers living abroad. By joining the team at H&R Block Expat Tax Services you have the opportunity to play an important role on this unique, specialized, fast-growing international tax practice with the world's largest tax preparation company.
The development program enables recent college graduates to gain practical experience necessary to become an Expat Tax Advisor for H&R Block. The program will last approximately six months and include basic training for U.S. tax, international tax, communication skills, and software. The individual(s) in this role will also gain practical experience assisting a tax advisor in preparing international tax returns and doing the necessary research.
Upon successful completion of the training and demonstrated success in the role, candidates are eligible to become a full-time Tax Advisor for H&R Block Expat Tax Services. As a Tax Advisor, you will build relationships with clients living abroad while preparing their U.S. tax return and providing helpful tax advice. Clients are served virtually through communications using email, phone or Skype.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Successfully complete training courses within the H&R Block International Tax Academy:
- International Tax
- Software for client management and tax preparation
- Effective client communications
2. Develop high-level knowledge of foreign tax and financial systems in devoted country/countries in order to enhance client experience. Read other business and tax publications, as recommended by management. Responsibilities in this area include:
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the knowledge and application of training and international tax compliance concepts through test scores and the preparation of practice tax returns.
- Analyze tax information provided by expatriate tax clients in a particular country or grouping of countries.
- Handle various aspects of the tax return preparation engagement.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and senior staff in gathering tax documentation and other information necessary to complete the tax engagement.
- Leverage internal resources to research unclear tax issues presented by clients in devoted country/countries.
- Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand. Develop or leverage prior global experience, education, or insights to provide a well-rounded service to clients in devoted country/countries.
- Remain current with company policies and procedures related to tax preparation and offering other financial products.
4. Successfully pass the required testing to become an Enrolled Agent, a federally-authorized tax practitioner certification recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
5. Gain valuable experience by assisting a Senior Tax Advisor or Tax Manager in completion of tax returns. Work with client relationship professional staff to finalize tax returns and provide instruction to clients as needed.
6. Shadow Tax Advisors or Managers during client consultations via Skype. Participate in role-playing sessions and training for effective client consultations.
7. Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related degree;
- Interest in international tax with passion to serve clients;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate tax advice clearly and effectively with clients.
- CPA, EA, or JD;
- Masters of Accounting;
- Prior experience working in a customer service environment;
- Foreign language capabilities.
EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF
INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE