H&R Block Corporate Systems organization implemented three new modules in Hyperion and is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to support the production release of Hyperion 126.96.36.199. Specifically, the BA will support the Hyperion Modules including Planning (HP), Strategic Finance (HSF), Financial Management (HFM) and Data Relation Management (DRM). The candidate will work directly with experienced business owners so depth in the assigned modules is critical. The ideal candidate will have a mix of both functional and technical experience as there may be need for development assistance on less complex requirements.
- Define and document functional and system specifications
- Responsible for ensuring the least amount of downtime or inefficient production for assigned system
- Coordinate pilot and test activities
- Develop and conduct user training on systems functionality
- Develop presentation materials and conduct presentations to users as well as management
- Develop test plans and QA activities
- Focus on developing and improving business processes
- Lead requirements gathering and design sessions, review design documentation with users and developers
- Leverage IT development background to identify technical solutions for complex problems
- Responsible for the production support for the assigned systems
- Participate in discussions with technical architecture in devising cross-application solutions for addressing requirements
- Prioritize system functionality based on requirements
- Use in-depth understanding of systems to assist the business in all aspects of assigned systems
- Work with developer and/or DBA to tune systems
- Work with developers upon system failure - including assistance and testing of patches and fixes application
- Work with field, internal users, management and technical team to produce project charters, scope documents, and conceptual design charts
- Work with vendors and vendor packages to ensure the system requirements are understood
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business management, systems development or related area or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years' experience as a business analyst and/or project manager in an information technology environment.
- Hyperion and/or Peoplesoft and/or Oracle Fusion experience is required.
- Hyperion Planning (HP), Strategic Finance (HSF), Financial Management (HFM) and Data Relation Management (DRM) are highly desired.
- Financial Data Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE) is helpful but not required.
- Cloud experience is desired.
- Recognized as a SME in systems supported.
- Experience in data and process modeling of business requirements and use of process modeling tools.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development.
- Technical expertise in database design.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple large projects.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.