We are genuine in our belief that sports make people better and so are you! Immerse yourself in a workplace that loves to be active and lives the brand. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of the #1 sporting goods retailer in the country and create a lasting impact on their communities through sport and activity.
On our Team, everyone plays a critical role. Your Mission (and Ours) is to serve and inspire athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through the relentless improvement of everything we do.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Responsible for the implementation, training and coordination of all Loss Prevention best practices
- Conduct Loss Prevention assessments/investigations
- Ensure the physical security of the building and Company assets
- Train all store associates and managers on company Loss Prevention programs to ensure compliance
- Conduct ongoing MES training, ensures timely completion of certification programs; assist with all new-hire training and in-depth training for specialized positions.
- Conduct thorough analysis of daily, weekly and monthly exception reports to identify areas of opportunity
- Research and respond to cash over/short reporting
- Partner with Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor to resolve issues involving the flow of merchandise to the store and any firearms issues
- Conduct store Loss Prevention Assessments to ensure compliance with Company processes and legal requirements
- Assist the Store Manager & District Loss Prevention Manager to facilitate the annual inventory process
- Support the Shrink Coach in ensuring compliance of self-assessments
- Ensure regular review of operational processes for compliance - Transfers, Claims, RTVs and Known Loss Reporting
- Ensure compliance with physical building security: complete monthly alarm tests, partner with DLPM and LP Coordinator to resolve alarm and CCTV issues, respond to after-hours alarm calls as needed, ensure store alarm system call list is up-to-date, ensure any key or safe combination changes occur upon changes in management
- 1-3 years of Loss Prevention experience or related retail experience
- Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills (Wicklander-Zulawski certification preferred)
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Successfully pass comprehensive criminal background
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
- Must be able to keep confidences and consistently operate in a direct and truthful manner
Special Skills / Requirements
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) preferred
- Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to work alone in stressful situations
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
Depending on position, candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, or Golf Galaxy should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.