Assist with the implementation and execution of Allocation and/or Replenishment strategies set by the A/R Managers and Inventory Planners, with buy-in from Merchandise Planners and Merchants, for our less complex businesses. (Provide critical input into determining how to most effectively utilize our inventory to support merchandise plan, advertising, regional, and competitive initiatives.) Maintain appropriate inventory levels in stores to support financial goals, advertising initiatives and regional needs. Ensure that new stores open with the correct assortments and appropriate inventory levels as determined by the new store plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Allocate bulk purchase orders using the Allocations system. Place weekly replenishment purchase orders.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by store location to support sales, margin and turn goals.
- Partner with Inventory Planner/AR Manager to implement and execute merchandise allocation and replenishment buy strategies.
- Review regular instock reporting for key and advertised items. Partner with Inventory Planner/AR Manager to determine actions to correct instock issues in a timely manner.
- Analyze and communicate product, size, and color inventory needs to Inventory Planner/AR Manager.
- Execute new store plans and ensure new stores open with the correct assortment and appropriate inventory levels.
- Execute inventory re-balancing opportunities as necessary.
- Research and respond to store merchandise needs and wants. Communicate higher level inventory needs to the Inventory Planner/AR Manager.
- Understand and manage item eligibility through the Item Eligibility (ITEL) application. Ensure proper assortment within allocation systems and instock reporting based on climate, rationality, seasonality, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong emphasis in Excel
- JDA Allocations and/or E3 experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Execution skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Process & procedure oriented
- Strong verbal and mathematical skills