Req ID: 67442
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Division Merchandising Manager is to work with the store management teams and ensure a successful merchandising program. This position will analyze individual store performance, train store staff on the expected merchandising execution standards, inspect and follow-up on consistency and quality of execution, and maintain sales trends and margin growth to meet and/or exceed budgeted goals for locations within the assigned division.
- Develop store teams' knowledge on sales and margin growth through consistent execution of merchandising strategies
- Work with each store management team to analyze and develop successful merchandising programs centered on team development, training and follow-up
- Perform in-store quarterly merchandising inspections to help in the development of the teams to create a consistent level of merchandising throughout assigned stores
- Communicate with various operations teams on all aspects of merchandising issues and follow-up items on a daily basis to insure consistency
- Work with outside vendors to insure merchandising programs are run according to Love's standards
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with vendor partners and store teams to ensure positive and profitable merchandising performance
- Analyze assigned stores profit and loss statements and sales trends
- Ensure assigned stores maintain sales and margin growth by meeting and/or exceeding budgeted goals
- Responsible for follow-up on execution of all active promotions within assigned store
- Responsible for developing talent in assigned stores to become "merchandising champions" within your assigned division
- Additional tasks and all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
o 2+ years of management or supervisory experience preferred
o 2+ years of merchandising experience preferred
o Accounting or financial budgeting experience preferred
o 5 to 8 years experience as a retail general manager or assistant general manager required; Mulit-Unit experience preferre
-Must be willing to relocate anywhere within the United States
DRUG/BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report, drug screening and/or motor vehicle report that is acceptable to Love's.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Hard skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office, personal productivity software, including word processing, spreadsheet and Outlook applications. Knowledge in all phases of hotel management, including but not limited to: sales and marketing, daily management of all areas of operations involving human resources, food and beverage, budget management, rooms, housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping.
Soft Skills: strong selling and negotiating skills, strong communication and presentation skills, strong leadership skills to motivate and train staff, solid long-range planning and development skills, excellent organizational and prioritization skills, excellent decision maker, ability to work independently, and superior customer service skills.
Typical Physical Demands:
Regularly required to talk and hear.
Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud at times. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, and human waste.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able and willing to travel 4-5 days per week to meet inspection schedule.
EEO STATEMENT: Love's Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Function(s): Operations
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love's approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love's has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes' Magazine's annual listing of America's largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love's commitment has remained the same: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces."