Love's was founded on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and
perseverance. Tom Love displayed all of these as he built Love's from the ground up – from one small
filling station in western Oklahoma in 1964 to more than 300 Love's locations coast to coast. These
core values are the keys to our success. But Tom didn't do it by himself. He surrounded himself with
visionary team members who embodied the same set of values. Today, we are looking for these in every
person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love's, your commitment to integrity, customer focus,
strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will
also ensure your successful career with one of America's top-ranked private companies according to
Forbes. Do you have what it takes?
Group Health Plan
Flexible Spending Account
Life Insurance and AD&D
50% Meal Discount
Aurora, CO (USA)
this Job to a Friend
||Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores, Inc.
||High School / GED
||6 months - 2 years
Req ID: 103290
This person will be a member of an operation crew charged with responsibility for safely and effectively operating a loading and unloading facility.
- Perform the duties of an outside operator in a daily operational shift environment, including overtime, holiday, weekends, and nights.
- Possess a detailed, and up to date, working knowledge of all equipment and operations.
- Has the responsibility to control the operation of the facility, and must do so in a safe and efficient manner and be in compliance with all environmental permits and all safety regulations at all times.
- Perform truck loading-unloading activities on regular bases.
- Support railcar unloading activities whenever required, which includes connecting and disconnecting railcars, opening manways if required, and inspecting railcar etc.
- Effectively communicate to supervisory and fellow facility personal relative to the condition of the facility equipment and performance, and provide suggestions for facility improvements.
- Correct abnormal conditions by taking appropriate corrective action.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring all facility equipment on hourly bases, ensuring safe and correct operations, while recording/reporting status updates and pertinent information in the shift log book.
- Communicate all pertinent activities to the operation manager on duty.
- Fill out all forms required for that shift.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Maintaining professional communication and attitude in dealing with all personnel.
- Attend and complete all trainings and safety meetings as required.
- Carry out all other assigned duties.
- General labor work as needed to maintain a safe work environment.
EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent basic computer knowledge, have knowledge of safety regulations, 1-2 years' experience required, ability to respond in emergency situations, work within and insure strict adherence to all safety practices and procedures. Must have valid driver license, must have attention to detail, being able to handle stress, having the ability to think analytically and being able to work as a part of a great team.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to speak, read, and write English. Must possess basic math skills. Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call shifts as dictated by business needs. Position requires the ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather. Ability to work outdoors, indoors, and periodically in dusty environments. Must have the ability to operate a forklift. This position requires a normal range of hearing and vision (color, acuity, distance, and depth). Must comply with OSHA guidelines and company policy regarding personal protective equipment. Ability to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and work in elevated areas of the terminal with or without accommodation. Willingness to support all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies, procedures and programs including random drug and alcohol testing. Must reside within 60 minutes of the facility, or be willing to relocate without assistance.
10% Outdoors 90% Indoors
Job Function(s): Mechanical; Operations; Terminal Operations
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love's approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love's has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes' Magazine's annual listing of America's largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love's commitment has remained the same: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces."