Love's was founded on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and
perseverance. Tom Love displayed all of these as he built Love's from the ground up – from one small
filling station in western Oklahoma in 1964 to more than 300 Love's locations coast to coast. These
core values are the keys to our success. But Tom didn't do it by himself. He surrounded himself with
visionary team members who embodied the same set of values. Today, we are looking for these in every
person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love's, your commitment to integrity, customer focus,
strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will
also ensure your successful career with one of America's top-ranked private companies according to
Forbes. Do you have what it takes?
Group Health Plan
Flexible Spending Account
Life Insurance and AD&D
50% Meal Discount
|Risk Management Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (USA)
this Job to a Friend
||Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores, Inc.
||High School / GED
||6 months - 2 years
Req ID: 101561
This position is responsible for fully investigating claims involving general liability, workers compensation, auto liability, product liability and property damage. This position directs and documents the progress and develops a plan of action to satisfactorily and efficiently resolve each claim.
- Communicate with customers, employees, managers, witnesses, and other relevant parties to gather detailed facts of an incident.
- Determine and evaluate injury/damages of each claim.
- Determine extent of liability.
- Negotiate settlement with claimant if appropriate.
- Communicate with customers, employees, adjusters, attorneys and other relevant parties. Maintain consistent communication when necessary.
- Accurately document claim details.
- Develop a plan of action and monitor each claim.
- Provide support in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as training presentations.
- File new claims with proper carrier or state agency.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- 1 year experience in claims, customer service, or retail operations preferred
- Mechanical experience a plus
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard skills: Knowledge in Microsoft Office, keyboard with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to conduct research using a variety of sources
- Soft Skills: Excellent written/verbal communication, detail oriented, ability to provide accurate documentation, flexibility and ability to prioritize projects, and conflict resolution skills
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Requires the ability to communicate via telephone for an extensive amount of time daily.
Job Function(s): Human Resources
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love's approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love's has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes' Magazine's annual listing of America's largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love's commitment has remained the same: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces."