Our Assistant Managers support the Store Manager in leading teams to maximize the financial output of the store through the optimization of talent, operational execution, and delivery of a rewarding experience for customers and associates. Our Assistant Managers manage a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence, continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. They are expected to embrace our Mission Statement and Success Drivers for the Assistant Manager position and model Harbor Freight Tool's Core Principles.
- Drive sales to exceed financial goals
- Support a results-driven store environment
- Plan, prepare, and ensure successful execution of special events
- Manage payroll and expenses
- Is a Subject Matter Expert in all operational processes
- Ensure the execution,educationand understanding of all Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage and participate in the timely and accurate completion of workload
- Ensure compliancetocompany policies and procedures
- Selection and retention ofhigh qualitytalent
- Training and development
- Performance management
- Promote a team atmosphere
- Ensure and model a helpful customer experience
- Ensure items are in-stock
- Ensure items are priced right
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized store
- Ensure a consistent and appropriate level of safety, both in staff behavior and in facility maintenance
Drive For Results
- Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
- Consistently pushes self and others for results
- Manages internal and external communications
Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Is a people builder
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments
- Holds frequent development discussions
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Motivates and inspires direct reports and teams
- Makes each individual feel their work is important
Managing and Measuring Work
- Clearlyassigns responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Sets clear and measurable objectives
- Monitors process, progress, and results and provides effective feedback
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, judgment and partnership
- Sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Suggests solutions that are correct and accurate
- Minimum of two years' experience in retail management
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational degree or High School graduate/Equivalent or 2 years Management or Functional Experience
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone. Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing and moving for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist.
- Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
- Ability to work an open schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.